Ahead of the release of Terminator: Dark Fate, Arnold Schwarzenegger's iconic cyborg/character, Terminator T-800, is coming to the Mortal Kombat 11 roster in a crossover we were not expecting.
A gameplay trailer shows T-800 looking like an aged Schwarzenegger wearing jeans and a leather jacket — classic badass outfit. He walks into some kind of military base, making a promise to his soon-to-be opponent: "You will be terminated."
What follows is gameplay that looks pretty much like the Mortal Kombat games you played as a kid with heavily upgraded (read: gorier) graphics. Case in point: a gunshot from the Terminator reveals the stomach and intestines of his opponent, who somehow lives to fight another day.
The coolest part of the trailer comes when Arnold gets set on fire. He stands up as his human form burning off to reveal the iconic, chromed-out skeleton of the Terminator.
The T-800 comes as part of a downloadable character pack that also includes Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, Joker and Spawn. It's available for Early Access for those with the Kombat Pack or Premium edition of the game on Oct. 8 and Oct.15, 2019, for everyone else.
And if the prospect of fighting as the Terminator is making you want to buy the game, you're in luck. It's available on PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, or Google Stadia, one of which you hopefully have lying around already.
This article originally appeared on Fatherly. Follow @FatherlyHQ on Twitter.
- How the US military is using 'violent, chaotic, beautiful' video games ... ›
- 6 things in video games that work nothing like real combat - We Are ... ›
- Can video games help in mental health recovery? - VAntage Point ›
- Best Family Video Games | Fatherly ›
- Active Shooter' is the Awful School Shooting Video Game No One ... ›
- Video Games Hurt Kids' Grades, but Not Intelligence, Research ... ›