Parents, it's time to get those creative juices flowing! Take advantage of extra time with the kiddos and see what everyone can do with their best art skills at work. Look to local inspiration (and plenty of grace for the non-artists among us), for a fun way to spend some of your quarantine.
Stained “glass” decor
This trend has probably blown up your newsfeed. Get some tape, some paint or chalk, and map out a pattern with triangles and squares. It's perfect for anyone living on post who wants to share some beauty for all to see. Best of all, it's colorful!
Straight out of elementary art class, this project can be adjusted for any age. Provide kids with a subject (vehicle, animal, design), along with a few art supplies. Let each kid create their own masterpiece, then have a discussion about what they liked most. Kids can even comment on which aspects of their siblings' pieces they like the best. Take it a step further and set up a gallery.
Let your inner control freak go and let them make a mess! Set up sheets, canvases, paper, or t-shirts in the lawn and let them get wild. Our favorite methods include: paint-filled balloons or squirt guns, and sponges launched from far away.
Grab a piece of wood and strategically place nails. (Older kids can even do the nails themselves.) Next, provide some colored string and let them weave away. Do this in the backyard, or (if open) head to some beautiful open spaces on base for a change of scenery.
These days slime is a big deal. Grab a slab of it and have kids make their own marker drawing, yes, right on the slime. Once done they can stretch and mold the artwork to change its entire look. Mix it all back together and start all over again!
This is a fun project that allows kids to create and transform their art project. Help them grind up old crayons and encourage them to spread it out and make a design on some waxed paper. Once finished, add another layer and iron the whole thing for a lasting project you can hang on the fridge or in a window for colorful light.
What are your favorite art projects to do with kids during quarantine?
- Coronavirus quarantine resources for parents with kids under 5 ... ›
- Activities for Kids in Coronavirus Quarantine - The Atlantic ›
- What To Do If Your Kids Can't Sleep During Quarantine - The New ... ›
- 18 Tips On How To Cope With Children During Quarantine ›
- 28 free virtual field trips and activities for families in quarantine ... ›
- 10 ways not to become your kids' snack machine during the ... ›
- 5 tips for preparing kids for your next PCS - Americas Military ... ›
- 4 ways to avoid losing your $*@%! mind with your kids during ... ›
- 6 practical everyday chores you can finally teach your kids during ... ›