Plus, now you can get that Tiger King selfie for social media.
If you have a smart phone and Google, you can take photos of various animals in your house and it's basically the greatest thing that's ever happened in quarantine (and if we're being honest, maybe outside of that, too).
Using Google's AR (augmented reality) technology, kids and adults alike can spend an unbelievable amount of time seeing animals up close and personal, and, the best part? To scale. There's nothing like seeing a Great White take up your backyard to understand how large these creatures are. With a few clicks on your phone, your Tiger King selfie is mere moments away.
To get started, open Google on your smart phone's browser. Type in any one of the animals currently featured (they continue to add, so if your favorite isn't listed, keep checking back!). Currently, they have:
Once you've googled the animal, scroll down a tiny bit until you see "Meet a life-sized (animal) up close." Click on the "View in 3D."
Once you click the view in 3D, you'll have the option for AR or Object. The object will just be the animal. AR is where it's at. Move your phone around until you see the animal's shadow and then touch it until it appears. Then, enjoy having your children pose with an interactive, 3D, life-size animal in your house. Quarantine just got a million times better. Thanks, Google.
- The Logic Behind A 14-Day Quarantine After Travel Or COVID-19 ... ›
- The Quarantine Diaries - The New York Times ›
- Four ways to help prevent loneliness while you're social distancing ... ›
- 4 ways to avoid losing your $*@%! mind with your kids during ... ›
- WATCH: 'Quarantine' is the catchiest country song by vets you'll ever ... ›
- Jackbox Games with friends will turn your quarantine frown upside ... ›
- 28 free virtual field trips and activities for families in quarantine ... ›