As the time drags on that we are left to stick with social distancing, more and more folks are celebrating their birthdays -- away from loved ones, isolated from friends, and instead, in the safe quarters of their own homes.
But just because you're celebrating birthdays far from the masses, doesn't mean they can't be made special. Look to these creative tips for social distancing birthday ideas throughout the pandemic, and at future duty stations when living far away from those you love.
1. Have a HouseParty
Join this free app and host live games with video chat. Invite family and friends and take part in trivia, charades, and more. Just make sure you have a full phone battery so the fun can keep on going.
2. Netflix watch party
Choose a flick you've been waiting to see and ask all your favorites to watch right along with you. This is a free feature for all Netflix subscribers. Simply log into your account and share the link with others so they can join in.
3. Yard signs
For kids who might be disappointed about missing time with their friends, consider a sign that asks folks to honk as they pass by. (Check with your ordinances if living on post or within a HOA).
Neighbors can also get in on the fun by decorating and posting birthday signs in their windows or yard for the special birthday kid to see.
4. All the mail
If you plan early enough, have loved ones send a card. With the mail still running as an essential service, those from all over can create and send in special cards. Collect them and give to the birthday boy or girl all at once, or spread the love for fun that keeps on coming.
5. Something special
Finally, consider something special that's personal. Let the birthday celebrator choose a meal, plan a family activity, or order a meaningful gift. It doesn't have to be fancy, it just needs to be a day that shows they're loved.
How will you celebrate quarantined birthdays?
- 35 Best Adult Birthday Party Ideas to Celebrate Another Year ›
- Birthday Party Ideas - Kids birthday party plans shared by parents ... ›
- 10 Virtual Birthday Party Ideas - How to Celebrate a Birthday in ... ›
- WWII vet surprised with 50,000 birthday cards - Americas Military ... ›
- 5 tips to have the best Marine Corps birthday ever - Americas ... ›
- How the Army should celebrate its birthday like the Marines do ... ›
- 6 ways to honor Memorial Day during COVID-19 pandemic - Americas Military Entertainment Brand ›