The first season of The Terror centered around a failed British expedition to find the Northwest Passage. The second season of this horror anthology takes place in the (fictional) Colinas de Oro War Relocation Center, a Japanese Internment Camp during World War II.
Star Trek's George Takei stars in the show and came aboard this season as a consultant.
"Set during World War II, the haunting and suspenseful second season of the horror-infused anthology The Terror: Infamy centers on a series of bizarre deaths that haunt a Japanese-American community, and a young man's journey to understand and combat the malevolent entity responsible," reads the official synopsis.
Watch the trailer:
"Anywhere you go, it follows you," warns George Takei's Yamato-san, a community elder well-versed in its lore..
racism evil shapeshifting spirits that haunt at least three generations of a Japanese-American community in what is expected to be an eerie follow-up to a successful first season.
Takei was actually imprisoned in Japanese-American internment camps with his family during World War II. Since then, he has become a social rights activist; he came aboard the project to help ensure historical accuracy.
Screenshot from official trailer for 'The Terror: Infamy'
The 10-episode season is co-created by Max Borenstein (Kong: Skull Island) and Alexander Woo (True Blood). The first season was praised for its supernatural suspense and currently has a 95 percent approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The second season will premiere on Monday, August 12 at 9/8c.
- 3 major reasons you should hire veterans in Hollywood - We Are ... ›
- This new series examines what it's like to serve during peacetime ... ›
- 6 things military veterans will love about History's 'Six' - We Are The ... ›
- The Terror Season 2 Release Date, Trailer, Cast and More | Den of ... ›
- 'The Terror' Season 2 Gets Premiere Date From AMC and Some ... ›
- The Terror: Infamy — Photos of Season 2's Japanese-American ... ›