My Marine husband is the worst to shop for.
The worst, I tell you.
The man sees something he wants and he hauls off and buys it. It makes Christmas shopping extremely difficult.
So in an effort to put together a good Christmas list I asked him to consult with me on an article for WATM's "10 gifts for the man in your life who's operator AF."
This is what he sent me:
1. Operator Stocking
This stocking is definitely operator AF.
- Double Zipper Main Pocket
- Santa Clause Approved & Compatible.
- Modular Webbing for Pouch Attachment
- 3x Polymer D-Rings
- Integrated Drag / Carry Handle
- 2x Hanging Hooks
- External Small Pouch with Elastic Cord Closure
- 3"x2" Patch Panel
- Made from High Durability Nylon Fabric
2. Hidden gun rack
No one will ever catch him by surprise as he's flexing in this mirror.
- 16"x52"x3.75" inside 12" x48" 2 3/4"
- Solid hardwood with hardwood plywood back.
- 2 1/4" Kaizen foam
- mounting hardware
- Includes magnetic lock and one magnetic key.
3. Plate carrier
...Because every operator should wear this every time he leaves the house.
- tab "panes"
- External cummerbund that offers a more stable MOLLE platform
- Cummerbund is fully adjustable and removable
- Small/Medium has three rows of MOLLE webbing
- Large/ X-Large has four rows of MOLLE webbing
- Carrier is not releasable
- Armor not provided
4. SureFire weapons light
...For seeing under the couch and shit.
- Virtually indestructible LED regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Tactical-level output with TIR lens for close- to longer-range applications
- Quick-detach rail clamp
- Accepts optional pistol grip and long gun forend switches
- Weatherproof—O-ring and gasket sealed
- Construction—High-strength aerospace aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing; impact-resistant polymer; coated tempered window
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life
5. A sweet 1911 handgun
Because every SureFire needs a firearm attached (..and because this is MARSOC AF!).
- Best Use Backpacking
- Fuel Type Canister
- Fuel Isobutane-propane
- Auto Ignition Yes
- Integrated Pot Yes
- Burn Time (Max Flame) 100g canister: 42 minutes
- Average Boil Time 4 min. 30 sec.
- Dimensions 7.1 x 4.5 x 4.1 inches
- Liquid Capacity (L) 1 liter
- Liquid Capacity (fl. oz.) 33.8 fluid ounces
- Weight 15.25 ounces
7. Kevlar helmet
Holidays are coming. So are the in-laws. Enough said.
- Meets or exceeds NIJ Level IIIA ballistic standard for penetration
- Meets a minimum of 650 mps V-50 for 17 grain tested according to STANAG 2920
- Shell sizes: S-XL
- Variable thickness, 7 impact absorbing pads can be adjusted or removed for individual comfort
- Pad thickness sizes: standard size 6 @ 3/4" or optimal size 8 @ 1"
- Weight: starting at 2.4 lbs (small)
- Includes: Wilcox NVG mount and side accessory rails
Sometimes an operator just needs to hang shit in the back yard and sleep there.
- JungleNest Hammock
- Your Choice of Atlas or Helios Straps
- Your Choice of Rain Tarp
- Set of Carabiners Included
- Set of Stakes Included
9. Combat boots
For stomping on all those battery operated toys his mother-in-law is going to send the kids this year.
- Quick-drying synthetic leather overlays for durability and support
- Multiple ventilation zones that allow the boot to breathe and drain quickly
- Genuine leather footbed for durability, flexibility and comfort
- Nike Free-inspired outsole, designed for traction and natural range of motion
- Sticky rubber forefoot lugs for exceptional traction on all terrain
- Weight: 15.9 ounces (men's size 9)
10. Backpacking stove
For when the holidays get to be too much and he takes his SureFire, JungleNest and JetBoil out to the woods for a few days. He'll need to cook.
- Best Use Backpacking
- Fuel Type Canister, Liquid
- Fuel Auto, Isobutane-propane, White Gas, Kerosene
- Burn Time (Max Flame) (20 oz.white gas) 1 hr. 50 min. / (8 oz. isobutane) 1 hr. 15 min.
- Average Boil Time (White gas) 3 min. 30 sec. / (isobutane) 3 min. 45 sec.
- Dimensions 6 x 6 x 4.75 inches
- Weight (Stove, pump & canister mount) 13.7 ounces