For the first time since launch, the latest "Call of Duty" game is getting a major update to its Battle Royale mode: A new map named Alcatraz.
As you might expect, the map is directly based on the infamous prison island in the San Francisco Bay.
The Battle Royale mode in "Call of Duty: Black Ops 4" is named "Blackout" — it's a big hit with fans of the series.
Given the relatively small size of the island, the new Blackout mode is geared towards close-quarters gameplay.
As you can see above, Alcatraz is full of multi-level buildings where most of the fighting will take place — a major change from the sprawling, region-based Blackout map that arrived with "Call of Duty: Black Ops 4" in November 2018.
Alcatraz is a free addition for anyone who owns the game, and arrives on the PlayStation 4 on April 2, 2019; Activision says it will head to Xbox One and PC on an unspecified date.
Check out a trailer showcasing the new map right here:
This article originally appeared on Business Insider. Follow @BusinessInsider on Twitter.
- Battle Royale Games | Business Insider ›
- US Army soldiers will soon be armed with these game-changing ... ›
- HBO made a 2-hour long 'Game of Thrones' documentary fans will ... ›
- Top 50 video games of all time, according to Metacritic - Business ... ›
- All the 'Game of Thrones' deaths, ranked from least tragic to most tragic ›