Cats are apt to perch wherever they please — on your keyboard, atop the refrigerator, or squished into a box. But a cat on top of a submarine is unexpected, to say the least.
Military Giant Cats (@ GiantCat9 on Twitter) is a bizarre Twitter account that's exactly what it sounds like — photos of giant cats on top of, playing with, or stalking various militaries or weapons systems.
The account's creator, a person who identified himself as Thomas, told Insider, "I started this weird account because I love the absurdity of [the] internet, I love the cats, I worked several years in the defense industry."
"A lot of people send me [cat] pics in the DM," Thomas told Insider via Twitter direct message. He then Photoshops the cats onto airplanes, submarines, battlefields, and tanks, much to the delight of the account's 29,000 followers.
Take a look at these felines on fighter jets in the next slides.
1. They're not just lounging on American machinery. Thomas placed one costumed cat in the middle of a North Korean military parade.
Pyongyang pic.twitter.com/SK5oBYRNZy— Military Giant Cats (@GiantCat9) September 12, 2019
2. And atop an Australian F-111C "pig."
F-111C pic.twitter.com/Ny1vSk48YR— Military Giant Cats (@GiantCat9) September 12, 2019
3. This cat is tipping over a German Leopard 2A4 like it's a glass of water — or, for that matter, anything on a flat surface.
Leopard 2A4 pic.twitter.com/ND9o4SqvsY— Military Giant Cats (@GiantCat9) September 12, 2019
4. Here's one paddling alongside a Russian TK-208 Submarine.
Dmitriy Donskoy (TK-208) pic.twitter.com/COCiHcQPl9— Military Giant Cats (@GiantCat9) September 12, 2019
5. There's also this chunky specimen licking his chops before a Russian Mil Mi-26 transport helicopter.
Mil Mi-26 pic.twitter.com/5UfwhmrVSC— Military Giant Cats (@GiantCat9) September 11, 2019
6. And, of course, an orange tabby cementing NATO alliances.
7. And an NH90 making a very special delivery.
Tangential, but last night I dreamt my cats were sent on TDY (temporary out of town duty) with me. I think I could justify the expense. https://t.co/jcq6sXF3bv— Victoria Oropeza-Kositz (@evo_kositz) September 10, 2019
Thomas told Insider he was "surprised by the buzz" around the account, but noted that cats are "easy clickbait."
8. The Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard even got in on the fun.
Or is that Purr-l Harbor?
9. North Koreas Hwasong-12 ballistic missiles look less scary when there's a kitten on top of them.
Hwasong-12 ballistic missiles pic.twitter.com/YL2p7rWmy6— Military Giant Cats (@GiantCat9) September 7, 2019
10. This is a literal Tomcat F-14B.
F-14B Tomcat pic.twitter.com/8jlJEDTUwN— Military Giant Cats (@GiantCat9) September 7, 2019
Cat puns aside, Thomas told Insider, "I have nothing to sell, no political message, my Photoshop skills are quite modest, I just want to have fun and share a good time with the Twitter community."
This article originally appeared on Business Insider. Follow @BusinessInsider on Twitter.
- Japan invented a Google Maps for cats and it's purr-fect | Business ... ›
- Why Cats Are Better Than Dogs - Business Insider ›
- Office cats and dogs reduce stress levels and boost productivity ... ›
- Animated map shows how cats spread across the world - Business ... ›
- How Grumpy Cat's owner created a viral sensation and made ... ›