Recently, a Marine was kicked out of a wedding for wearing his Dress Blues instead of a regular suit and tie. According to the post on Reddit, he was polite and gentlemanly but was asked to leave because he didn't follow the dress code and the bride felt he was taking the spotlight away from the marriage.
There's still a lot of other variables that aren't really known that could really determine who's the a**hole in this situation. If he was pulling a "you're welcome for my service" routine, totally justified. If he didn't have any other suit and tie, he could have probably explained that. If he was flexing his bare pizza box and two ribbons, he's a douche. Since he was a friend of the groom, did he ask first? So on and so forth.
I'm personally of the mindset that he didn't follow the uniform of the day and weddings are one of those things where you just nod and agree with the bride. But that's ultimately pointless since this wedding has no bearing on my life.
Anyways. Since we in the U.S. aren't subject to the EU's Article 13 ruling on copyright material and the gray area it puts on sharing memes - have some memes!
1.Just to be clear: Marines are better Rangers, Coast Guard are better snipers than Marines, Army has more watercraft than the Navy, and the U.S. Navy is the world's second largest Air Force?
Relax, it's only a meme.
(Meme via Pop Smoke)
2.This is the truest test of strength while downrange.
(Meme via Army as F*ck)
(Meme via Coast Guard Memes)
4.Seems about right...
(Meme via Military Memes)
5.Someday, I too will find use for my underwater basket-weaving degree...
(Meme via Private News Network)
6.Then why even keep the gold stripes when just having three would tell the same thing?
(Meme via Sh*t My LPO Says)
7.The key word is "when." As in, "When they finally get around to it."
(Meme via Infatry Follow Me)
8.Missed me with that "well, you're half way too retirement" bullsh*t.
(Meme via Lost in the Sauce)
9."I gotta what? Hell no. Start banging on the barrack's room doors."
(Meme via Team Non-Rec)
10. Yet, they're still wearing the fleece jackets and putting their hands in their pockets.
(Meme via Valhalla Wear)
11. As much as I want to scream "back in my day"... I'd have done the same thing if given the chance...
(Meme via Uniform Humor)
12. My recruiter never lied. He said I'd travel the world and get f*cked every day too!
(Meme via The Army's F*ckups)
13. Uncle Sam will always get his due before the first and the fifteenth.
(Meme via Air Force amn/nco/snco)
- The 13 Funniest Military Memes of the Week 3/9/16 | Military.com ›
- The 13 funniest memes for the week of February 22nd - We Are The ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of March 1st - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of March 8th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of March 15th - We Are ... ›
- The 13 funniest military memes for the week of March 22nd - We Are ... ›
- This is what happens when your Delta Force squadmate is also a cartoonist - Americas Military Entertainment Brand ›