Navy Veteran Jennifer Marshall joins us on the show. Since transitioning from active duty, she's been hustling out in Hollywood.
She's a veteran of some movies and shows you may have seen:
- "Stranger Things"
- "Hawaii Five-O"
- "A Dog's Way Home"
- "Game Shakers"
Most notably, she's an actress, but she also hosts red carpets, hosts shows, models and volunteers for various causes in and around the area.
We spoke extensively about her role on "Hawaii Five-O" as a military mortuary affairs officer.
You can see it below:
Additionally, you may have seen her in commercials as a spokeswoman for New Day USA.
Furthermore, Jennifer talks about why she joined the Navy and why she had to exit earlier than she anticipated. She also talks about her husband's transition and trying to bridge the military-civilian divide. She also shared how the military community in Hollywood helped her gain her sea-legs as she started on this new journey.
Finally, we discussed how a military mindset can help you achieve your goals, the misadventures of motion capture for her first (and probably last) video game, and current volunteer projects that she is passionate about.
Click here to see her IMDB
Additional Links For This Episode:
- #BtBattle Veteran of the Week is Air Force Veteran William Andrews
This article originally appeared on VAntage Point. Follow @DeptVetAffairs on Twitter.
- Guardians of the Flag: Veterans honor legacy of Vietnam War ... ›
- VA partners with tech companies to prevent Veteran suicide ... ›
- VA-led study asks: Is alcohol healthy? - VAntage Point ›
- Appeals Modernization is here - VAntage Point ›
- VA and AMVETS: Connecting more Veterans with lifesaving support ... ›