Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps, Ronald L. Green, shared his second video message to Marines as part of the Own It! campaign. In the video, he calls for Marines to "look around you and see who might be struggling and ask them, how can I help?" Own It! is a Marine Corps awareness campaign designed to provide tips to Marines on how to start tough conversations with fellow Marines.
"We all need to support each other in protecting what we've earned. So, if you see something, do something, and help our Marine Corps family be safe and ready for the next fight," said Sgt. Maj. Green.
Marines and their families can join the conversation by texting OWNIT to 555-888.
By texting OWNIT, participants will receive links to resources that will guide them on how to have a tough conversation with a Marine Corps family member about difficult situations like suicide, consent, rejection, bullying, substance abuse, as well as family issues including relationship red flags, divorce, child abuse, or the unexpected death of a loved one. These tip sheets are available at www.usmc-mccs.org/ownit.
This article originally appeared on Marines. Follow @USMC on Twitter.
- Marine Corps plans to replace LAV with new, 'transformational' ARV ... ›
- General Mandates 'Daily Routine' After Seeing Sloppy, Unshaven ... ›
- Marines save airman's life in Okinawa > The Official United States ... ›
- Marine Rifle Squads get upgraded night vision devices > The Official ... ›
- MCSC teams with Marines to build world's first continuous 3D ... ›