The Department of Veterans Affairs, in keeping with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in response to the COVID 19 virus, is postponing Vietnam War commemoration events until further notice.
As a commemorative partner to the Department of Defense led 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War Commemoration program, hundreds of events were planned for late March and early April to coincide with the National Vietnam War Veterans Day observance on March 29.
VA's event coordinators will retain all commemorative lapel pins and other materials shipped from the Department of Defense to support events in the future. Please visit www.vietnamwar50th.com for more information about the program.
For Veterans with a Facebook account, they can download a frame at www.facebook.com/profilepicframes/?selected_overlay_id=908037382943967 to place a picture and show their pride for serving. The frame shows the Vietnam War Veteran day pin and the text "A Grateful Nation Thanks and Honors You."
For the latest VA updates on coronavirus and common-sense tips on preventing the spread of disease, visit https://www.publichealth.va.gov/n-coronavirus/.
For more information about coronavirus, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Veterans need VHIC for in-person Commissary, Military Exchange ... ›
- An open letter to the Veteran community from the US Census Bureau ›
- SecVA: Veteran safety from Coronavirus VA priority - VAntage Point ›
- Coronavirus: Be informed and call your provider if symptoms develop ›
- VA is ready for coronavirus — and working to protect you - VAntage ... ›