It's not the Razzle Dazzle from Stripes, but it might as well be. Venezuelan dictator Nicolas Maduro thinks his country is staring down the barrel of an upcoming U.S.-led invasion. The only problem is that no one in the American government really seems to care about Venezuelan dictator Nicolas Maduro. He's just a trash version of his predecessor, Hugo Chavez – who wasn't that great of a dictator anyway.
Still, the military members still loyal to Maduro somehow believe him when he says they can defeat the United States. And apparently, the first step is (attempted) intimidation of the United States Marine Corps. IT did not have the effect Maduro hoped.
To answer the questions on everyone's mind, it's not a joke, and the video was really intended to frighten U.S. Marines who might be going into Venezuela, according to the Facebook page on which the video was released. They call parts of the video "intense training activities." The activities include running, running in place, screaming, and the world's worst obstacle course.
Of course, even the casual viewer is going to find this hilarious, knowing it wouldn't even intimidate the Air Force, let alone the Marine Corps. When the shooting started, there didn't seem to be magazines in their weapons.
What the training didn't include was how to run from an A-10, how to survive a JDAM, and what to do when a K-Bar is stuck in your neck.
Don't worry, Venezuela, we will bring the answer to those questions for you.
- 5 times troops made headlines for the wrong reasons - We Are The ... ›
- The Corps just added this new phase to help recruits practice being ... ›
- Here's who would win if US Marines went up against Russian naval ... ›
- Rubio's wrong: Don't send the Marines into Venezuela | TheHill ›
- Military intervention in Venezuela is 'an option,' Trump says, as ... ›
- Marines will meet a 'swift response' if they dare intervene, says ... ›