We already love Kansas City Chiefs' star quarterback Patrick Mahomes for his contagious spirit, incredible arm and infectious attitude. Plus, the fact that he builds homes for veterans in his spare time doesn't hurt. And now, this video of him writing a letter of support and gratitude to die hard fan and Army veteran Scott Buis will bring a tear to your eye.
The letter was part of an NFL Veteran's Day campaign in which NFL stars wrote letters to their superfans who have served.
Mahomes' gratitude for Buis and the military is sincere: "Without your service," he said, "there would be no football, no NFL, and of course no game days."
Buis' emotional response is so touching: "Wow. It's things like this that helps me, veterans, people believe in the American dream.
Be sure to tune into We Are The Mighty on Facebook this weekend as we interview players and veterans in the USAA Salute to Service Lounge as part of the NFL Experience.
- Kansas City Chiefs host baby shower for military moms-to-be ›
- Salute to Service: Chiefs to Honor Our Nation's Heroes on Sunday ›
- Salute to Service: Chiefs Unveil Special Veterans Day Patch During ... ›
- USAA has a special lounge at every Super Bowl for the military ... ›
- The 8 most intense rivalries in NFL football - Americas Military ... ›
- Why Rob Riggle is the best part of any NFL show - Americas Military ... ›
- The Chiefs' star quarterback spends his free time building houses for ... ›