This week's Borne the Battle features Air Force Veteran David Tenenbaum, the creator of Honor Media and Heroes Linked.
From a young age, Tenenbaum wanted to help others in need. Inspired by his father, a Holocaust survivor liberated by US forces, he grew up with the stories of seeing good people standing against great injustice. Like the men who freed his father, he wanted to follow in their footsteps, to do good for others.
His journey began in 2001, at Officer Candidate School a month before 9/11.
Tenenbaum served in the Air Force for six years as an Aircraft Instructor Navigator, leading stateside and overseas operations for intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance aircraft. He left the service during a downsizing period to begin a new journey, but the Great Recession made it a rough transition.
Moving to Los Angeles, Tenenbaum pursued a new profession direction: media production. He created Honor Media, a nonprofit that supports other Veteran nonprofits with media production, distribution, photography and social media support. He is also the director of Heroes Linked, an online platform that pairs Veterans with mentors to help them get to the next step in their post-military journey.
- Borne The Battle #162: Air Force Veteran John Baxter, 9/11 responder ›
- Borne The Battle #150: Benefits Breakdown - 75th Anniversary of ... ›
- Borne The Battle #210: Tony Temerario – Green Beret, 9/11 ... ›
- Borne the Battle #211: Benefits Breakdown, VA Debt Management ... ›
- Borne the Battle #205: Alaska Native Veterans Program of 2019 ... ›