The Pentagon has released footage of Special Warfare Combat-craft Crewmen jumping out of a C-17 Globemaster III heavy transportation aircraft.
The video shows 11 SWCCs from Special Boat Team 20 jump out of the C-17 after two boats are dropped using the Low Velocity Airdrop Delivery System.
SWCCs are part of the Navy Special Warfare Command, and are tasked with expertly driving high-speed boats that are armed to the teeth — usually with GAU-17 miniguns, M2HB .50 caliber heavy machine guns, M240B light machine guns, and sometimes even Mk 19 grenade launchers.
SWCCs often work alongside Navy SEALs, providing them fire support and transportation via a number of different watercraft. They also can assist in the interdiction of naval vessels. The boats dropped in the video are Combat Craft Assault boats.
The CCAs are known for having a small radar and infrared signature, and have become a favorite amongst SWCC for their speed and ability to be reconfigured for different operations.
Check out the video of the training exercise here:
This article originally appeared on Business Insider. Follow @BusinessInsider on Twitter.
- Aviation companies are plotting the return of supersonic flight ... ›
- Airline pilot explains special terms or code words used by crew ... ›
- Sweden aviation tax coming into effect, SAS, Norwegian not happy ... ›
- Here's why San Francisco's airport nearly caused 3 aviation disasters ›
- One of the men who dragged a United passenger off a flight last ... ›